Waste Connections, Inc Operations Manager in St. Louis, Missouri
Requisition Primary Location
Are You Ready to embrace Servant Leadership as an Operations Manager?
We are currently seeking an experienced and energetic Operations Manager with strong leadership qualities to lead our operations team at our St. Louis, MO Hauling Facility. Waste Connections of Missouri provides commercial, residential and roll off waste removal services. As an Operations Manager you will be held accountable to creating a safe & fun work environment while managing the overall daily operations.
The Key responsibilities include creating a culture of safety, supporting 4 Supervisors and overseeing management of daily operations, budgeting, route planning, and providing excellent customer service.
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) – We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in 43 states. We, 15,000+ employees, foster a work culture of Servant Leadership. Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.
OPERATIONS MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coach and mentor 4 Supervisors
• Helps develop and execute safety goals.
• Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
• Monitors progress of daily operations for 80 route drivers and make staffing and routing changes as necessary.
• Receives and reviews customer complaints regarding collections programs.
• Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans with the District Manager
• Oversees a variety of complex compliance programs, including environmental, DOT, OSHA, and local permitting.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
OPERATIONS MANAGER REQUIREMENTS:
• Previous operations experience in the Waste Industry required
• 5 or more years of managing in a people driven environment
• Ability to read and understand a Profit and Loss statement
• Knowledge of OSHA, DOT and EPA guidelines
• Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Excel/Word and the ability to learn and use company specialized applications
• Must be detail oriented, highly accountable and able to prioritize tasks
• Class B CDL or the ability to obtain one within 90 days
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Why you need to join us!
CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees. Honoring our commitments provides our stakeholders peace of mind and establishes us as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve. This creates a safe and rewarding environment for our employees.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, short term and long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". For more information and to apply, please visit www.wasteconnections.com, or call Rachel at: 303.867.5503
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
Who We Are
Waste Connections is an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly exclusive and secondary markets. Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees.
OUR PEOPLE MEAN EVERYTHING TO US
Waste Connections is always working to protect the health of the communities we serve, and we are grateful for the hard work and dedication that you bring to your job every day. Working here means you are a safety-minded individual who is making important contributions on a daily basis that will make a positive impact on those around you. We appreciate that you are a person of integrity who takes pride in the work you do.
BUILD TALENT FROM WITHIN
People who want to gain valuable professional experience will find that Waste Connections is a fantastic place to work. You’ll enjoy the opportunity for beneficial training and professional development opportunities that can help enhance your skills and lead the way to a more promising future.
LET’S REALIZE YOUR GOALS TOGETHER
Bring your passion to succeed and you’ll quickly discover that great opportunities are all around you. At Waste Connections, you’ll thrive if you are friendly, dedicated, and prefer a work hard/play hard culture that is focused on maintaining our reputation as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve.